Modalert is the generic version of modafinil that is available in various sizes. The active ingredient of this medication and the development of optimal formula came into being in 1994. The inventor of this medicine marketed it and was used for the first time for the management of narcolepsy. However, after several years of research, it was also approved for sleep disorders that result from shift work and for the management of somnolence in obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome. The medicine has also been tested for various other disorders as well.
Uses of modafinil
Using Modafinil helps in reducing the sleepiness that occurs due to narcolepsy along with the other sleep disorders such as bouts of stopped breathing that happens when you are asleep. It is an effective medication for obstructive sleep apnea. If you have a work schedule that requires you to stay awake beyond the normal hours or a normal routine of sleep, the doctors prescribe this medicine. However, the medicines does not help in curing these disorders and allow you to get rid of the sleepy feelings you experience due to shift work, but minimizes it. It does not even boost your normal sleep routine. Therefore, people must never use this medication for the treatment of fatigue. It will not help in making you feel less sleepy if you do not have a sleeping disorder. It is not known how Modalert can help some people to stay awake, but it affects a few substances in the brain that helps in controlling the cycle of sleep and wake.
Side effects of modalert
The medication modalert is used for the treatment for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder or ADHD. Besides the prescribed uses of this medicine, it is popularly known as a supplement for enhancing the cognitive abilities of an individual. The following are the side effects of this medication.
- Nervous sensations
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Some of the severe side effects of this medication that may occur rarely are fast, pounding, and irregular heartbeat followed by mood and mental changes such as confusion, hallucination, agitation, depression, and suicidal thoughts. You must inform your doctor immediately if you experience any of the symptoms.
- Another rare and serious side effect of this medicine is chest pain.
- A severe allergic reaction may not occur due to the se of this medication, but it cannot be ruled out as well. Therefore, you must get medical help if you experience symptoms such as swelling in the lymph nodes, itching and rash on the face, tongue, and throat, accompanied by dizziness and difficulty in breathing.
However, the special forces of the military stay awake with the help of this medication during prolonged missions. Students take this medicine to stay alert during the extensive study sessions, the players use it to enhance their reaction time and attention, and the business executives use it to maintain the alertness during the implementation of projects. The following are the side effects of this medication.
Benefits of modalert
Similar to all other forms of modafinil, it is considered as an agent for promoting wakefulness of the individuals and the cognitive functions. The medication hits certain regions of the brain that are used in making feeling people more alert. Read the following benefits.
- Enhance focus and concentration
- Increase the level of energy
- Keeps the mental tiredness at bay for several hours.
- Improves the potential for the performance of tasks that are monotonous and repetitive.
- Enhances the motivation for studies or work
The effects of the medicine benefits a wide range of people and no wonder the medicine is popular among the students, artists, writers, shift workers, and the fighter pilots.
Functioning of modalert
The medication works as they bind to certain receptors in the body, and the body uses different types of receptors in order to direct the cells what to do. The receptors also tell the neurons the amount of dopamine that should be absorbed by the body. However, when you consume modalert, it helps in blocking all these receptors to prevent the absorption of dopamine again. There are different mechanisms that Modalert uses to enhance the cognitive functioning of the brain and also increases the level of histamine, norepinephrine, and orexin. Modafinil is prescribed for deficiencies in the neurotransmitters.
Precautions for using this medicine
Before consuming modafinil, you have to inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine. You must also tell the doctor if you develop allergy towards armodafinil or any other allergy. Note the following.
- You must discuss your medical history with the doctor especially, if you suffer from heart problems such as chest pain, irregular heartbeat, problems in the mitral valve, or an enlarged heart.
- If you have heart problems after taking stimulant drugs amphetamines, you have to tell the doctor as well.
- If you have high blood pressure, problems of the liver, and mood disorders such as depression, psychosis, or mania.
- If there is a family or personal history of substance disorder such as overuse of alcohol or drugs, you must inform the doctor.
- The sleep disorders reduce your ability of fast reaction and even though modafinil helps you in staying awake, you may have to exercise precaution during the operation of achiness and driving.
Dose of modafinil
The recommended dose of this medication is 200 mg although some people prefer using 100 mg and cut the tablet into two. However, there are many people who are comfortable with double dose or 400 mg. You will get all the sizes at RXShopMD.com and order the medicine online.
Interaction of modafinil
The medication can reduce the effectiveness of the hormonal contraceptive pills, ring, or patch and you might become pregnant. You must discuss with your doctor about the additional birth control methods to be used if you are taking this medication. Try to avoid drinking beverages containing large amounts of caffeine as it increases the side effects of this medication.