We all want to be healthier. But with busy work schedules, the cost of gym memberships, and so many other things vying for our attention, it can be hard to know where to start. However, there are simple ways to improve your physical health without paying for expensive services or products. Follow these tips and watch your body transform!
Quit Smoking And Drinking Alcohol
Quitting smoking and drinking alcohol are two of the best ways to improve your physical health, according toDr John Manzella. Smoking is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, with about 6 million deaths each year attributed to it. Alcohol consumption has also been linked to various cancers, heart disease and high blood pressure among other things.
So how do you quit smoking or drinking? It’s easy: just don’t do it anymore! If that sounds too simple for your liking then here are some tips on how to stay motivated:
- Keep busy with something else – whether it be work or exercise; anything that gets your mind off smoking/drinking will help distract you from wanting a cigarette or glass of wine after work.* Set goals for yourself – why not give yourself an incentive by promising yourself something nice if you manage not smoke/drink within a certain period.
Meditation is a great way to clear your mind and relax. It can also help lower stress, improve sleep, increase focus and creativity.
The best way to meditate is by sitting in a quiet place with your eyes closed and focusing on your breath. Focus on how it feels when you inhale, then exhale: notice the feeling as air goes into your lungs; feel it flowing out again as you exhale. This may sound hard at first but after some practice it will become easier!
Smile More Often
Smiling is one of the easiest ways to improve your health. Smiling makes you feel happier and more relaxed, which can help with stress management and anxiety, saysDr John Manzella. In addition to these benefits, smiling also has some physical effects on your body that can improve your physical health. For example:
- Smiling can lower blood pressure by up to three points when done on a regular basis (source).
- A smile can make someone else’s day better–whether it’s their spouse or child or friend–and this may lower their risk of heart disease by reducing stress hormones in the body (source).
- Smiling improves bone density by helping with weight bearing exercises like walking or running; this means less chance for osteoporosis later in life (source).
Eat More Vegetables And Fruits
To improve your physical health, it is important to eat more vegetables and fruits. Eating more vegetables and fruits can help you feel better, look better and live longer.
You should try to eat at least 5 servings of vegetables every day:
- 1 serving = 1 cup (250 mL) raw leafy greens or 100% juice (1/2 cup)
- A serving of fruit is 1 medium piece, large piece or 3/4 cup cut up fruit
The bottom line is that there are many things you can do to improve your physical health. You don’t have to pay for expensive services or products, and it’s not necessary for you to take medication every day. Instead, try some of these simple tips that will help you feel better about yourself and live longer!